{lucy peeking out the window}Our apartment in Rome was a true haven from the heat and commotion of the city. There were so many things to love about it. It was in a great location -- on Via Francesco Crispi, which is right near the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, the Villa Borghese, the Via Veneto, and also several subway stops. It was fairly big and decorated really nicely -- it actually had the very same dining room table and chairs that I want to get from Ikea, so it was fun to be able to give them a "test run." I fell in love with the yellow plaster walls and tall ceilings and the big windows that opened up to a view of the rooftops of Rome and the top of the Il Messaggero (newspaper) headquarters. I also found the building's lobby and hallways amazing...entirely marble. Granted, this made it feel very cold and a bit austere, but impressive nonetheless.
The best part about our place was that it actually cost less than your average decent hotel room in Rome. Not that it was cheap, but hotels are so expensive that this was a bargain in comparison. And we saved some money by eating some meals at home...well, not really, but in theory we could have! We rented from Rome Sweet Home -- I definitely recommend it.
Oh and the really best part about our place was its proximity to the best gelato in Rome, which means the best in the whole world -- at San Crispino. The freshest flavors you can imagine. They don't even have cones because they feel they would take away from the flavor...I agree. I think we went there three times, maybe four. I can't even recommend one flavor over another because they were all spectacular. When in Rome, go go GO to San Crispino!





No comments:
Post a Comment